Wednesday, November 14, 2007

From losing keys to finding keys

Today has been a little rough. Not only did I not get enough sleep (which is a common occurence for a night owl that is forced to wake anytime before 9am), I kicked off the morning with locking my keys in my car that was running! I was on my way to work and had to drop something off at a friend's house and wasn't planning to stay long, so I left my car on. Well, I normally don't do that, but what I do normally do by habit is lock my door when I get out of it. So, luckily my friend let me borrow her phone to call work to tell them I'd be late and gave me a ride to my parents' house, the only place I could get into without needing keys! We had a conversation about how it would be nice to not need keys and not have to lock doors (what a nice vision of a place). So yeah, late for work. Then, right after work, I had to get some supplies, quickly load up my car, and pick up Karen to go teach a group of K-6th graders for something we call ArtVenture. I don't know if it was the weather change or lack of adults in the room this week, but were they ever hyper! Needless to say, it wasn't the smoothest day. Then again, this is only the second one. From there, I dropped Karen off, took a quick nap, and off to jazz band! On my way into the building, I scraped my knuckle on something, so I had a bloody knuckle the whole rehearsal. I can't complain though because after all of this, I still get to sit down at a baby grand piano and play to my heart's desire. These keys are ones I would never want to live without. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited you're blogging!!!!! It makes my workd day so much better!!!! :)

Holly said...

You're making me miss the piano! I haven't played in way too long and I miss how wonderful sitting down and playing can feel.