Friday, November 16, 2007

Trumpet On My Mind

Today, I had my third trumpet lesson this year with Dennis, my band director and the brass instructor. He's really helpful in making me feel good about the slow-but-sure progress I've been making. I don't know if I told you, but I have been playing with my mouthpiece too high for, what, the 12 or 13 years I've been playing trumpet?! It's physically just a slight slight adjustment to the eye, but everyone knows old habits die hard. So it has been a struggle but for a good cause (a rich, full sound!). He told me today that the worst is over though and that I have been improving a lot since I first started with him this year. I can't believe how much I learn within that one hour lesson (technically 50 minutes, the length of a normal class). I won't go into detail now, but it has been very beneficial to me. Music is in my head all the time now! Constantly living off this natural high from it. Yes, sometimes it's frustrating, but most things worth loving are sometimes, don't you think? Basically, my thought for the day is that good things are worth working for. Even if it takes breaking a habit that you've had over half your life, if you keep at it, someday you will get to where you want to be. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the pic girl!

Holly said...

I agree that good things are worth working for - the things that mean the most are usually the ones that were the hardest to achieve.

Unknown said...

Girl, You better get your but posting on this thing!!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

butt

Holly said...

I agree with Mollie - some writing needs to be done!