Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Crunchtime to showtime!

Tonight was our last full rehearsal before our huge jazz festival concert! Two days, not even 48 hours at this point-MADNESS! The music department has become insane at this point. Along with our classes and homework, there have been extra rehearsals, hanging up giant banners, shuffling instruments, music stands, and other miscellaneous things from place to place, hanging up posters, getting ready for hundreds of middle and high school music kids to invade our school-it's a blast! Actually though, I'm really looking forward to this weekend. There are going to be some really great guest musicians from all over right here at my school! We even get to play a tune with one of them at our concert. This concert will be the biggest audience that I have ever played for in my life! That's a little nerve-wracking! But mostly, I'm looking forward to sharing music with people...through the madness there is joy.

No comments: